Cutting and Cooking U.S. Beef in Panama
Three cutting and cooking seminars attended by 50 Panamanian buyers and foodservice company representatives were designed to promote alternative U.S. beef cuts and funded by the Beef Checkoff Program. Panama has the highest per capita income in the region, and the U.S.-Panama FTA represents increased export opportunities for both top-graded cuts and variety meats, making it an important market in Central America.
U.S. Beef in Romania
The beef checkoff introduced U.S. beef to Romania, a country where it is not well-known, at the “Taste Ambassadors Exhibition,” an event for foodservice buyers and decision makers in the capital, Bucharest. The marketing strategy behind the event was to increase awareness of the supply and advantages of U.S. beef alternative cuts among targeted buyers.
www.usmef.org offers reports on the activities of the U.S. Meat Export Federation, including many beef checkoff programs managed by the organization, and offers extensive information about international meat trade.
For a report of latest market trends, click here.
Foreign Marketing - Archive
- Beef Master Classes in Baltics (September)
- Barbecue at Japanese Supermarket Show (September)
- Restaurateurs Gather in Lyon (August)
- Beef Tongue at FoodEx (August)
- Consumers in Hiroshima (July)
- Beef Tongue the Talk of FoodEx (July)
- Beef is Center of Vietnam Celebration (June)
- Celebrity Chef, App, Draws Koreans to U.S. Beef (June)
- Uzbek Chefs Master U.S. Beef (May)
- Tijuana Seminar with Major U.S. Beef Importer (May)
- Retail Beef Promotion in Taipei (April)
- Baltic Buyers & US Beef (April)
- Training Chefs From Mexico (February)
- Event in Lebanon Spotlights Advantages of U.S. Beef (February)
- Detailing Japanese Needs from U.S. Beef (January)