The committee members are Beef Board members appointed by the CBB Officers.
Among its specific duties, the committee:
- Considers and recommends an independent audit firm to the Beef Board for the succeeding year
- Considers and recommends any changes to the frequency of audits or reviews conducted by an independent audit firm for the succeeding year to the Beef Board
- Meets with the auditors to discuss the audit procedures performed and the results thereof.
- Discusses any suggestions from the audit firm relating to improvements in the Board’s internal accounting controls and procedures
- Presents results of the annual audit to the full Beef Board
- Considers the staff’s recommendations and resolutions of issues identified by the auditors