About the Industry Information Program
The Beef Checkoff is dedicated to helping beef producers vocalize their commitment to producing safe, wholesome beef products. With the end goal of enhancing the image of the beef industry, Industry Information programs work to develop new markets, marketing strategies and increase efficiency and activities. These Beef Checkoff programs focus on issues, management, public relations and beef and veal quality assurance.
Contractors With Projects Funded Under Industry Information
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA)
The Beef Checkoff’s industry information program prepares beef producers to respond to issues appropriately and offers additional training to develop credible advocates within the beef community. Fiscal Year 2021 initiatives include:
- Utilize the Beef Digital Command Center to see who is talking about beef and what is said, and use the issues management team to respond to issues and crises as they occur.
- Increase participation in the Masters of Beef Advocacy (MBA) program, which provides training to develop credible advocates and spokespeople within the beef community, equipping them with information and resources to readily engage in conversations and address consumer concerns about beef and how cattle are raised.
- Increase the number of producers that are Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) certified and promote understanding of the BQA program and the positive outcomes it provides for the beef industry.
2021 Funding: $3,081,611
North American Meat Institute (NAMI)
NAMI’s Veal Quality Assurance (VQA) keeps veal top of mind with consumers and channel marketer decision-makers, creating a more favorable and sustainable marketplace for veal. Fiscal Year 2021 initiatives include:
- Provide ongoing program management to ensure 95 percent of all U.S milk-fed veal are from VQA-certified farms.
- Collaborate with The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine on veal resources and a comprehensive antibiotic stewardship plan.
- Develop veal advocacy program materials for state beef councils to utilize and provide virtual training workshops that empower consumer and industry advocates.
2021 Funding: $99,407
National Institute for Animal Agriculture (NIAA)
NIAA supports the beef industry’s commitment to One Health – healthy humans, healthy animals. This includes hosting the annual Antibiotics Symposium, which focuses on continued knowledge about responsible antibiotic use and the primary efforts aimed at combating antimicrobial resistance. Fiscal Year 2021 initiatives include:
- Engage beef producers at the Antibiotics Symposium to share insights and experiences.
- Collaborate on antimicrobial resistance communication with stakeholders.
- Provide resources and materials for beef producers to engage with influencers and consumers in a more streamlined process.
2021 Funding: $89,466