About the Promotion Program
In order to position beef as the number one protein, the Promotion program area focuses on broadcasting beef’s unique and core attributes. The program works to showcase the powerhouse nutrients beef provides, remind consumers of the unbeatable pleasure that beef brings to meals and bring attention to the men and women who raise beef for the world.
The Promotion program area continues to seek out new approaches to connect directly with consumers in meaningful ways so they can feel confident purchasing the beef and veal products they enjoy. Specifically, leveraging the vast, science-based nutritional information, supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, to showcase how processed beef products are nutrient-dense foods that can be part of a healthful, balanced dietary pattern keeping fat and sodium limits in mind.
The Promotion program area also continues to revolutionize and innovate veal marketing by communicating veal’s nutritional benefits and versatility. This includes connecting and inspiring consumers, channel marketers and foodservice operators with innovative veal recipes and menu solutions that align with today’s global trends.
Contractors With Projects Funded Under Promotion
North American Meat Institute (NAMI) / New York Beef Council (NYBC)
NAMI builds perspective on prepared versus processed beef to improve consumer trust and educate consumers on prepared beef as part of a healthy, balanced diet. Their Fiscal Year 2021 initiatives include:
- Build upon the rebranding of “processed beef” to “prepared beef.”
- Launch a new “Be Beef Prepared” promotional campaign to promote prepared beef as a quality product.
- Conduct a significant outreach effort to help members, retailers and restaurants to promote National Deli Meats Month in March.
2021 Funding (prepared beef): $596,441
NAMI and NYBC create a favorable marketplace for veal. Fiscal Year 2021 initiatives include:
- Partner with national online retailers and veal suppliers to promote veal as a delicious, indulgent and versatile protein.
- Create a more robust “Where to Find Veal” locator on the Veal Made Easy website.
- Conduct outreach to state beef councils to help extend online veal promotions.
2021 Funding (veal): $298,220
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA)
NCBA manages the iconic Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. brand to educate consumers and inspire them to purchase, prepare and enjoy beef. Fiscal Year 2021 initiatives include:
- Communicate to consumers that real beef’s great taste and nutrition can’t be replicated through digital marketing campaigns.
- Address and correct the myths around beef and beef production to various audiences through digital campaigns and traditional media outreach.
- Support and grow favorable awareness of the Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. brand through paid advertising, social media, earned media and influencer outreach.
- Manage the Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. online and digital presence (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube).
2021 Funding: $8,946,611