About the Promotion Program
In order to position beef as the number one protein, the Promotion program area focuses on broadcasting beef’s unique and core attributes. The program works to showcase the powerhouse nutrients beef provides, remind consumers of the unbeatable pleasure that beef brings to meals and bring attention to the men and women who raise beef for the world.
The Promotion program area continues to seek out new approaches to connect directly with consumers in meaningful ways so they can feel confident purchasing the beef and veal products they enjoy. Specifically, leveraging the vast, science-based nutritional information, supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, to showcase how processed beef products are nutrient-dense foods that can be part of a healthful, balanced dietary pattern keeping fat and sodium limits in mind.
The Promotion program area also continues to revolutionize and innovate veal marketing by communicating veal’s nutritional benefits and versatility. This includes connecting and inspiring consumers, channel marketers and foodservice operators with innovative veal recipes and menu solutions that align with today’s global trends.
Contractors With Projects Funded Under Promotion
North American Meat Institute (NAMI)
NAMI highlights the positive attributes of processed beef products to showcase product choices in the marketplace. The Fiscal Year 2020 initiatives include:
- Build upon the rebranding of “processed beef” to “prepared beef.”
- Distribute quarterly updates with fact sheets and infographics to registered dietitians and continue to cultivate relationships with health professionals.
- Showcase Beefshi in grocery stores nationwide and continue to boost its presence amongst bloggers and trade press.
- Originate a self-study education module about prepared beef for dietitians.
2020 funding (beef): $698,300
NAMI creates a favorable marketplace for veal. The Fiscal Year 2020 initiatives include:
- Expand veal’s extensive recipe library with globally-inspired recipes, photography and how-to videos to target the millennial audience.
- Sponsor the Meat Buyer’s Guide.
- Engage at least three food bloggers to create and promote innovative veal recipes.
- Add newly designed veal branded merchandise to be available for purchase.
2020 funding (veal): $292,272
The Innovation Committee was identified in the Long Range Plan to oversee projects for this program.
National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA)
NCBA manages the iconic “Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner.” brand to educate consumers and inspire them to purchase, prepare and enjoy beef. The Fiscal Year 2020 initiatives include:
- Maintain Chuck Knows Beef, the virtual beef assistant, to answer questions about beef.
- Support favorable awareness of Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. brand with consumers by developing a minimum of 20 digital marketing assets.
- Manage Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. online and digital presence (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube).
2020 funding: $9,427,054