Returning American Steak Week to Korea
The beef checkoff recently funded the second annual American Steak Week in South Korea. This two-week promotion is designed to not only build awareness for U.S. beef products, but also to identify opportunities to introduce and develop a market for new items or preparation techniques. Many of the 18 restaurants that took part immediately added U.S. beef items to their menus, and all of them increased U.S. beef sales during the promotion. Read more at American Steak Week.
Training the Trainers
Strong economic growth and expanding population mean South America’s middle class has more money to spend on premium food items. In Peru, consumers are already willing to pay higher prices for high-quality beef, so U.S. beef exports to South America have grown dramatically in the last few years. Yet many market segments are still unfamiliar with U.S. beef, especially key buyers in the foodservice sector, and inefficient handling and lack of product knowledge have sometimes resulted in low yields. With that in mind, the checkoff recently “trained the trainers” by way of a seminar for South America staff handling meat, answering their questions and the ones they get from consumers. For details, visit U.S. Beef in South America.
For additional information:
www.usmef.org offers reports on the activities of the U.S. Meat Export Federation, including many beef checkoff programs managed by the organization, and offers extensive information about international meat trade.
For a brochure about checkoff-funded foreign-marketing programs, click here.
Foreign Marketing - Archive
- Reintroducing U.S. Beef in Sri Lanka (March)
- Training Vietnamese Chefs to Choose U.S. Beef (March)
- Training Chefs in Middle East (February)
- Reaching Korean Restaurateurs (February)
- Providing Up-Close Look at U.S. Beef Industry (January)
- Reintroducing U.S. Beef to Sri Lanka (January)
- Educating Beef Importers from China (November)
- Expanding Market Share in Japan (November)
- Showcasing U.S. Beef in Latin America (October)
- Getting a Firsthand Tour of the U.S. Beef Industry (October)