Educating Beef Importers from China
Checkoff funding brought a 13-member team of senior-level beef importers from China to the U.S. for a tour that included a Meat 101 class at Kansas State University, as well as tours of cattle ranches in Kansas and Nebraska, processing plants in Nebraska, and numerous U.S. retail outlets. Before returning to China, the visiting team also participated in a product showcase with 120 international buyers and 21 U.S. beef exporters. Learn more at China Team Tours U.S.
Expanding Market Share in Japan
A total of more than 500 food distributors, grocers and restaurant buyers from Fukuoka, Osaka and Nagoya – three major cities in Japan – recently participated in a series of seminars that provided detailed information about U.S. beef production. Funded in part by the national beef checkoff and the Texas Beef Council, the seminars were part of an effort to boost sales of beef in regions for which these cities serve as hubs. Cutting demonstrations at the seminars focused on the top blade and shoulder clod heart to show how U.S. beef can help meet their specific product needs. For details, visit Seminars in Japan.
For additional information:
www.usmef.org offers reports on the activities of the U.S. Meat Export Federation, including many beef checkoff programs managed by the organization, and offers extensive information about international meat trade.
For a brochure about checkoff-funded foreign-marketing programs, click here.
Foreign Marketing - Archive
- Showcasing U.S. Beef in Latin America (October)
- Getting a Firsthand Tour of the U.S. Beef Industry (October)
- Adding More Beef to ASEAN Menus (June)
- Cooking With My Dad (June)
- Soaring U.S. Beef Sales from Promotion in Japan (April)
- Translating U.S. Beef-Cut Names (April)
- U.S. Beef Exports Close 2013 With Record Value (February)
- Leveraging Opportunities in Japan (February)