Consumers in Hiroshima
Japanese regional supermarket chain, Spark, asked the U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF), contractor to the beef checkoff, to partner with the company in a Communication and Health event for consumers. More consistent supplies are making U.S. beef more attractive in Japan’s regions.
Beef Tongue the Talk of FoodEx
FoodEx is Japan’s most prestigious show, where U.S. exporters meet with hundreds of buyers and representatives of Japan’s retail and foodservice industries. The beef checkoff handed out samples of U.S. beef tongue – a delicacy for Japanese consumers. The checkoff strategy is to introduce Japanese trade and retail buyers to U.S. suppliers of processed beef items.
www.usmef.org offers reports on the activities of the U.S. Meat Export Federation, including many beef checkoff programs managed by the organization, and offers extensive information about international meat trade.
For a report of latest market trends, click here.
Foreign Marketing - Archive
- Beef is Center of Vietnam Celebration (June)
- Celebrity Chef, App, Draws Koreans to U.S. Beef (June)
- Uzbek Chefs Master U.S. Beef (May)
- Tijuana Seminar with Major U.S. Beef Importer (May)
- Retail Beef Promotion in Taipei (April)
- Baltic Buyers & US Beef (April)
- Training Chefs From Mexico (February)
- Event in Lebanon Spotlights Advantages of U.S. Beef (February)
- Detailing Japanese Needs from U.S. Beef (January)
- Beef Checkoff Barbecue Events (November)
- Beef Checkoff Seminar in Taiwan (November)