Beef is Center of Vietnam Celebration
A Lunar New Year celebration with a major beef importer at a Lotte Mart supermarket in Ho Chi Minh City was part of the beef checkoff strategy to educate key accounts about the quality and value of a wide range of U.S. beef products. Vietnamese consumers are broadening their tastes and spending more on imported food.
Celebrity Chef, App, Draws Koreans to U.S. Beef
In Korea, social media outlets are far more influential than in the U.S. The beef checkoff partially funded a promotion advertised on Korean social media to educate buyers about the quality, profitability and versatility of high-quality U.S. beef. A celebrity chef grilled U.S. beef cuts and explained the reasons for choosing them to an audience of buyers and decision makers at a high-end supermarket that doubles as a restaurant. U.S. beef is popular in Korea, and the effort was designed to defend market share there.
www.usmef.org offers reports on the activities of the U.S. Meat Export Federation, including many beef checkoff programs managed by the organization, and offers extensive information about international meat trade.
For a report of latest market trends, click here.
Foreign Marketing - Archive
- Uzbek Chefs Master U.S. Beef (May)
- Tijuana Seminar with Major U.S. Beef Importer (May)
- Retail Beef Promotion in Taipei (April)
- Baltic Buyers & US Beef (April)
- Training Chefs From Mexico (February)
- Event in Lebanon Spotlights Advantages of U.S. Beef (February)
- Detailing Japanese Needs from U.S. Beef (January)
- Beef Checkoff Barbecue Events (November)
- Beef Checkoff Seminar in Taiwan (November)
- US Beef in Oman (July)
- Cutting Up with Taiwanese Chefs (July)