Educating Cost-Conscious Beef Shoppers
A new checkoff-funded national Ibotta campaign aims to increase awareness for lower prices at the meat case. Ibotta is a smartphone app that offers rebates on groceries and other items, with a highly engaged millennial user base and more than 19 million subscribers. Consumers who download the Ibotta app can browse the “Grocery” category for rebates on fresh ground beef, steaks or roasts, unlock the rebates, and then buy these items at any retailer nationwide to get cash back through Ibotta. This platform provides a unique opportunity to target cost-conscious shoppers, particularly those who might have left beef off their shopping lists due to previous record-high prices.
Eat Better. Eat Veal.
The annual checkoff-funded “Eat Better. Eat Veal.” promotion launched Jan. 18. On-pack recipe labels featuring Veal Stir-fry with Broccoli and Cauliflower and Veal and Mushroom Meatballs, and a social media app will drive consumers to VealMadeEasy.com to enter a $500 grocery sweepstakes. Web ads, ad slicks and a social-media calendar will be available for in-store circulars, retailer and state beef council websites and the Veal Made Easy Facebook page to amplify advertising efforts.
For additional information, check out these sites:
Promotion - Archive
- Consolidating Beef Checkoff Websites (December)
- Eat Better. Eat Veal. (December)
- Beef Checkoff is Getting Results (November)
- Beef Checkoff Teams With Food52 (November)
- Sharing Meal Inspiration (September)
- Debuting Online Commercials (September)
- Showcasing ‘No-Recipe Recipe’ videos (August)
- Partnering Veal with Mushrooms (July)
- Getting Interactive with Consumers (July)
- Continued Success with New Promotions (May)
- Protein Challenge 2.0 Is Ready for Liftoff! (March)
- Reaching Consumers with Beef Recipes Online (March)