Consolidating Beef Checkoff Websites
Toward creating a “one-stop shop” online for all things beef, the checkoff is working toward consolidation of nine checkoff-funded websites into one powerhouse site at the existing BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com. The new website will combine resources from: Facts About Beef; beef nutrition; beef retail; beef foodservice; Explore Beef; BSE Info; and Beef Innovations Group sites, among others. Benefits of merging are many: A consolidated site will provide a more cost-efficient and resource-effective way to develop content and drive more visitors to beef information. The site will appeal to all types of users – including consumers, food and health influencers, and beef supply-chain audiences – with a rich variety of relevant tools and beef-centric information. Launch of the new site is on tap for Oct. 1, 2017.
Eat Better. Eat Veal.
The annual checkoff-funded “Eat Better. Eat Veal.” promotion will launch in mid-January. On-pack recipe labels featuring Veal Stir-fry with Broccoli and Cauliflower and Veal and Mushroom Meatballs, and a social media app will drive consumers to VealMadeEasy.com to enter a $500 grocery sweepstakes. Web ads, ad slicks and a social-media calendar will be available for in-store circulars, retailer and state beef council websites and the Veal Made Easy Facebook page to amplify advertising efforts.
For additional information, check out these sites:
Promotion - Archive
- Beef Checkoff is Getting Results (November)
- Beef Checkoff Teams With Food52 (November)
- Sharing Meal Inspiration (September)
- Debuting Online Commercials (September)
- Showcasing ‘No-Recipe Recipe’ videos (August)
- Partnering Veal with Mushrooms (July)
- Getting Interactive with Consumers (July)
- Continued Success with New Promotions (May)
- Protein Challenge 2.0 Is Ready for Liftoff! (March)
- Reaching Consumers with Beef Recipes Online (March)
- Engaging with Millennial Consumers (February)
- Showcasing Veal (February)
- Connecting with Millennials (January)