Challenging Consumers to Experience Beef Protein
Protein is a big buzzword in the food and nutrition world of late – and we’re happy to hear it! With that in mind, the checkoff has officially launched the 30 Day Protein Challenge, a fully integrated effort across multiple checkoff programming areas. This fun, step-by-step 30-day plan (which launched April 1, though individuals can start at any time) will help consumers get a balanced amount of protein at each meal, including delicious, protein-rich beef. Test the program by signing up for the Protein Challenge to get all the tools you need, plus daily tips to keep you on track – and challenge your family and friends, plus social-media followers, to do the same!
Driving Consumers to Beef Information
Preliminary data of recent checkoff-funded Content Search Analysis Research Study helped pinpoint the content needs of consumers who are actively seeking information about beef and competitive proteins online. It identified how consumers are searching for this information through tools such as Google and Bing searches, and found that cooking-method searches have increased year-over-year – with specific increased interest in slow-cooker information, which draws as many as 2 million searches each month. Slow-cooker searches peak in fall and winter, but the volume is increasingly substantial year-round. With this in mind, the checkoff created a recipe collection focused solely on slow-cooking beef recipes, and uses digital advertising to develop awareness of these options. The final report is in production, and we’ll share it with you when it is complete.
For additional information, check out these sites:
Promotion - Archive
- Sharing Resources with Veal Retailers (March)
- Reaching Millions Through Digital Campaign (February)
- Extending Consumer Advertising via Online Videos (October)
- Growing Consumer Reach by 360 Percent! (October)
- Savoring Success with Beef (September)
- Inspiring Family Fun (September)
- Responding to Millennials’ Video Habits (July)
- Drawing Families to Beef (July)
- Sharing Beef’s Power of 10 (June)
- Serving Up ‘No-Recipe Recipe’ Videos (June)