New Research Briefs
Several new research briefs were recently released with the aim to provide a starting place of shared understanding around the complexity of the question, “what is meat?” These research briefs provide an overview of the broad and inconsistent terminology of meat that causes confusion among scientists, consumers and even authorized dietary guidance committees. The briefs contain an abstract and link to the original published body of work in the October issue of Animal Frontiers. To access the Research Briefs, click here, then check the box ‘Research Briefs’ on the menu to the right.
Producer Profiling Project
To support the development of the 2017 Cattlemen’s Stewardship Review, 679 U.S. producers were surveyed about their attitudes, beliefs and operational dynamics within the fabric of American society and culture. Results show that American cattlemen differ widely in terms of their operation; however they share important commonalities: a focus on doing the right thing for their animals and being good land stewards to ensure a safe, wholesome and enjoyable product.
Additional Beef Checkoff Resources:
Research - Archive
- Beef Sustainability Animated Infographics (October)
- Sustainability Research Executive Summary (September)
- Water Quality & Beef Sustainability (September)
- Consumer Demand Basics (August)
- New Sustainability Executive Summary (July)
- Beef WISE Study (July)
- Beef in Supermarket Foodservice (July)
- Beef Research Briefs (June)
- New Beef Sustainability Fact Sheet (June)