Innovation Past Meeting InformationReturn to Committee Home
Past Meeting Information (Archive)
Hyatt Regency at Colorado Convention Center • Centennial Ballroom G
Innovation Committee Meetings – Part I
2:00 p.m. Welcome/Call to Order
2:25 p.m. Approve Agenda and Minutes
2:30 p.m. Committee Agenda Overview
- Review Mission Statement & Committee Ground Rules
- Today’s Goal – Review and Score Checkoff Contractor AR (Authorization Request) Tactics
2:35 p.m. Review AR Process and Tactic Scoring (watch video)
2:45 p.m. Contractors Present FY2019 ARs
- Score each tactic based on how well it supports committee prioritized LRP initiatives
5:55 p.m. Wrap Up and Next Steps
6:00 p.m. Adjourn
Innovation Committee Meetings – Part II
9:15 a.m. Welcome/Call to Order
9:20 a.m. Committee Agenda Overview
- Today’s Goal: Gather committee’s comments to be provided to the Operating Committee with scores from Day 1
9:40 a.m. Engage contractors for additional information specific to ARs
10:15 a.m. AR Tactic Scoring Alignment
- Present scores
- Collect and compile committee comments
11:50 a.m. Wrap-up and Next Steps
12:00 p.m. Adjourn
Phoenix Convention Center Room 224A
Ted Reichmann: Co-Chairman (C) Buck Wehrbein: Co-Chairman (F)
To view the minutes from this meeting, click here.
Friday, Feb. 2
12:30 PM Welcome/Call to Order
12:55 PM Approve Agenda and Summer Meeting Minutes
1:00 PM Committee Agenda Overview
- Review Purpose Statement & Priority Strategic Initiatives
- To inspire the beef community with innovative products and solutions that enhance consumer demand for beef.
- Most Important: Revolutionize Beef Marketing and Merchandising; Adopt Animal I.D. Traceability Systems; & Ensure Antibiotic Stewardship.
- Important: Research and Innovate New Production Technologies & Measure and Improve our Sustainability.
- Today’s Goals:
1:15 PM Long Range Plan Review
1:30 PM Set FY2019 Strategic Priorities
2:30 PM Panel Presentation: Revolutionizing the beef shopping experience.
3:15 PM Wrap-up and Next Steps
3:30 PM Adjourn
Hyatt Regency Hotel, Denver, Colorado
The checkoff's Innovation committee meeting was held July 13, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and then again on July 14, 2017 from 9:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Click here for the meeting minutes.
Gaylord Opryland Convention Center - Bayou A
Innovation Committee: Feb. 3, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Sarah Childs and Buck Wehrbein, co-chairmen
Lunches will be served to committee members at meeting
Friday, Feb. 3, 2017; 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
1. Welcome/Call to Order (lunch will be served in the meeting room)
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes of July 15, 2016 meeting
- Review Mission Statement
- Committee Ground Rules
2. Overview of Industry Scan Outcomes and Refinements
3. 2018 Priority Development
4. Priority Summary
5. Discussion with Checkoff Contractors
6. Review Outcomes and Next Steps
7. Adjourn - please complete meeting survey