Protein Labeling Study
The Beef Checkoff Program, the National Pork Board and Yerecic Label announces the completion of Phase One of the second Protein Labeling Study (PLS II). The PLS II study identifies current consumer information needs while shopping the meat case, explores consumer recipe use, and tests a variety of on-pack labels for general appeal and functionality. The results of the study show consumer feedback regarding the effectiveness of new labeling programs offering merchandising and technology applications.
The research provides consumer insight into information that is most helpful to consumers while shopping the meat case, including:
- Recipes, basic cooking directions and a cooking chart to assist in preparing various cuts of meat and poultry
- New ways of preparing familiar cuts of fresh meat and poultry.
- Serving suggestions for various cuts to make a complete meal
- A photo of the finished dish
- Various meal options to fit different personal preferences
For more information, visit BeefRetail.org.