Learning more about your Beef Checkoff can be complicated with about 100 checkoff-funded programs authorized each year. MyBeefCheckoff.com is designed to make the process of 'drilling down' to individual programs less complicated.
Newsletters are convient ways to keep up with what's happening with the Beef Checkoff:
- Checking In On The Checkoff is a newsletter designed for checkoff leaders that focuses on a different checkoff program area each week.
- My Beef Checkoff News is a monthly e-newsletter about checkoff programs that is tailored to the interests of beef or dairy producers.
Brochures help explain the history and function of various checkoff organizations and programs:
- Understanding The Beef Checkoff explains 'the basics' for beef and dairy producers.
- Your Beef Checkoff Investment - Helping You Maximize Dairy Market Cow Value explains the dairy producer role in the checkoff.
Documentation of checkoff management topics:
- Final Roles & Responsibilities recommendations as ADOPTED by Beef Board Aug. 3, 2011.
- "Recommendations on Improvements To The Beef Checkoff Program" - In late 2008, the Beef Board Executive Committee completed its conversation with beef industry organizations and individuals and issued draft "Recommendations." On Jan. 29, 2009, the full CBB approved these recommendations. Some of the recommendations would require a change to the Beef Promotion and Research Act, which the Board also approved. To review these exhibits, click here.
Other publications provide checkoff information and background. These include:
- Checkoff portions of a new beef industry long range plan were endorsed by Cattlemen's Beef Board Feb. 5, 2011, and updated with 2011 benchmarks in January 2012.
- CBB conducts random, national surveys of producer attitudes and you are invited to review what other producers think about the checkoff as revealed through these surveys:
- USDA commissioned a survey of more than 8,000 producers in December 2006.
- CBB annual reports provide a review of the fiscal year's activities and contain annual audited financial reports.